Friday 11 December 2015

Masthead Design Drafts

I experimented with the appearance of my masthead on Photoshop, to find out what worked best for my magazine. I decided to go with the fourth one down as it represented Indie as being the dominant genre and pop being the secondary genre. I decided to go with the black and white colour scheme as it follows the conventions of traditional magazine to make it look professional and added a pale red as my main colour as it symbolises passion such as Q and NME. It is more of a pink than red as it will attract my target market as it is aimed towards females. The mast head is one of the most important features of a magazine cover as it is what will catch the viewers eye in a store and through doing this research I was able to find out what worked the best for my magazine. I decided to go with the name 'Indie-Pop' as it is straight to the point in representing the magazine genre without any confusing double meanings and is also fun to say.
HOWEVER in the end after consulting with my audience I discovered it sounded too much like a kids magazine so settled upon 'Indie etc.' instead as it is better fitting and more quirky.

No comments:

Post a Comment